Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2 Network Storage
Centrally store and backup your digital files
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2 Network Storage, 2-bay is a compact desktop network storage device that is perfect for small businesses, home offices or advanced home networks, offering content sharing, data protection and basic video surveillance capabilities.
Centrally store and backup your digital files
The Iomega® StorCenter™ ix2 Network Storage, 2-bay is a compact desktop network storage device that is perfect for small businesses, home offices or advanced home networks, offering content sharing, data protection and basic video surveillance capabilities
- Capacity: Up to 6TB
- Configurations: Diskless (ix2-dl, 0 HDD), Partially Populated (1 HDD) or Fully Populated (2 HDD).
- Drive Capacities and Type: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB (SATA II)
- RAID Support: RAID 1 (mirror) with automatic RAID rebuild. JBOD mode also available.
- Network File Protocols Supported :CIFS/SMB/Rally (Microsoft), NFS (Linux/UNIX), AFP/Bonjour (Apple), FTP, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, Windows DFS, SNMP.
- Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with Jumbo frame support and high performance embedded architecture.
- iSCSI target: Provides block-level access for the most efficient storage utilization, especially for backup, database and email application performance. It can be used in parallel with file-level storage access via CIFS/NFS.
- Ease of use:
Easy three step setup – Simply plug into your router, power on, and download the integrated Iomega Storage Manager and QuikProtect backup software
User friendly web-based management interface
Web Interface accessible in 16 supported languages
- Simple Content Sharing:
Access files from any networked Windows, Apple or Linux computer for easy file sharing
Easily share content with friends and family outside of your home using the exclusive Iomega® Personal Cloud feature. Invited guests will have access to read and write to files and folders on your network drive. No need to email file attachments
- Iomega Link iOS application:
Iomega Link gives you a direct link to your StorCenter device via your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. You have the ability to upload, download, browse and stream content on your Iomega network storage devices using Iomega Link mobile app. (download app from iTunes).
Built-in photo slide-show sharing feature – easily select and share your digital pictures on the web.
File distribution made easy. Drop files into a designated distribution folder, and all of those on the distribution list automatically get an email with either the files attached, or a link to download the files.
- Active Directory Support: Functions as a client member in an Active Directory domain allowing the StorCenter ix2 to utilize the domain users and groups
- Data Replication/Device to Device Data Copy Jobs:
Easily copy files to and from attached USB drives or any network share – including Iomega Personal Cloud locations – using the rsync or CIFS protocol
Define your Copy Job to copy/synchronize files to and from connected drives and/or any other shared storage on your network
Schedule jobs to run on a predetermined schedule
- Expandability: Add storage capacity by connecting external USB hard disk drives. Supports read/ write on Fat32, NTFS, ext2/ext3, or HFS+ formatted drives
- Application Manager: Third party applications can be installed using the embedded application manager.
- Data Organization and Access: Windows DFS organizes folders and files on a network, such that they appear to be all in one directory tree on a single Iomega StorCenter system, even if the folders reside on many devices in many different locations. WebDAV (Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning) enables viewing, adding, or deleting files on a StorCenter from the web, via HTTP or HTTPS for added security.
- Power Savings: Automatic hard drive spin-down assure the most efficient (minimal) power consumption.
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Support: Enables unattended system shutdown via the USB port without data loss in the case of power failure.
- Configuration Backup and Restore: allows you to back up and restore system configuration information. Backing up a configuration saves various system properties, including users, groups, device identification, and Share names and permissions.
- System Status: Consolidated resource on space utilization, device information, and status. In addition, you can manage controls such as device restart from here.
- SMART Hard Drive Monitor: Continually monitors and reports on the health of all drives in the Iomega StorCenter system.
- Reporting: Email alerts and Event Logging provide up-to-the minute updates on the status of your device even when you are away from your computer. SNMP agent monitoring helps administrators centrally manage the StorCenter ix2.
- Data Protection Software: Iomega’s QuikProtect™ backup software is available for download.
- Iomega® Personal Cloud: Iomega Personal Cloud is a patent-pending, web-based computing architecture that connects your Iomega StorCenter™ Network Storage Array devices to other individuals and/or devices via the Internet.
- Software Compatibility: Compatible with today’s most common backup software, web browsers, media devices and computers.
- Desktop, compact, form factor
- Marvell 6282 CPU at 1.6GHz with 256MB DDR3 DRAM
- 2 x 3.5” Easy-Swap SATA-II Hard Disk Drives
- RAID 1, JBOD
- 1 x RJ45 10/100/1000Mbps (GbE) Ethernet port
- LAN standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u
- 1 x USB 2.0 port (to connect external HDD, UPS, Bluetooth dongle)
- AC Voltage 100-240 VAC
- Power consumption – 5 Watts (min) - 19 Watts (max)
- Acoustic noise – 28 dBA maximum